Problem new full LED headlights / Hazard lights

Falls Du Interesse am neuen elektrischen smart #1 hast... - Besuche unser neues Forum! smart #1 Forum (Hinweis kann durch Klick auf das x geschlossen werden!)
  • Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the right blinker not working well.

The problem started occasionnaly when I

Installed the new front LED headlights.

After using the hazards lights for a few mins, the right side of the turn signals would not work.
    The
    problem was fixed by itself after switching off the car and leaving it for a few mins.

But it’s coming back each time I use the hazard lights for 2-3 minutes.

Has someone experienced the same issue please?

(I didn’t have this problem with the old headlights).

Thank you,

• davidoiknine

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Problème new full LED headlights / Hazard lights“ zu „Problem new full LED headlights / Hazard lights“ geändert.
  • Hello everyone,

I'm adding details about my issue:

My smart is from 2015. I've installed new full LED headlights (from EQ 2020) at front, and my rear lights are the original one (LED from 2015).

My door side blinkers are also originals.

For the installation of the headlights, I did not cut any wire. I've just installed a plug and play homemade wire (made by my dealer). I've also coded them like that:

nbx basic pw adapt drl tail = 0.22

nbx headlight bi function = 1

nbx tail 1 with led = 1
    nbx tail 2 with led = 1

nbx drl closedto id = 1

nbx drl with led = 1

nbx dual bulbs = 1

nbx lowBeamwithoutPWM = 1

nsx singlebulb DRL Tail = 3

nsx position after stop = 20

nsx wgs tm = 12

nsx welcome period step = 6

nsx goodbye period step = 6

nsx wait goodbye = 12

nbx led lowbeam = 1

nbx welcome goodbye = 1

Version SW15.

Thank you,

• What part of the right side turn indicators is not working? Is just the headlight failing or the door and back indicators as well?

Do you still have the old lower frontside turn indicators electrically connected and are those flashing?

Did you ever try to change

[BCM] T4_VS_BCM_DDT2000_SW16_5 / Flashers - Configuration / FOUR_FLASHER_OUTPUTS_CF

from false to true?

• My car is Smart Prime 453.344, make year 07/2018, 66 kW Turbobenziner, factory-equipped LED and Sensor Package P25. The listed factory defaults below belong to my car.

You obviously changed quite a lot of EMM Edison settings. I like to understand why you changed them and what the reason or benefit was. With the new values, what exactly had changed in car operation?

The factory setting for Nbx_basic_PWM_adapt_DRL_Tail_CF is 0.15. For which specific reason did you set it to 0.22?
    The factory setting for Nbx_TAIL_1_with_LED_CF, Nbx_TAIL_2_with_LED_CF, Nbx_TAIL_3_with_LED_CF is 0, 1, 0. For which specific reason did you set it to 1, 1, 1?

The factory setting for Nbx_DRL_with_LED_CF is 0. For which specific reason did you set it to 1?

The factory setting for Nbx_LowBeamwithoutPWM_CF is 0. For which specific reason did you set it to 1?

The factory setting for Nsx_Position_After_Stop_CF (sec) is 30. For which specific reason did you set it to 20?

The factory setting for Nsx_WGS_TM_CF is 30. For which specific reason did you set it to 12?

The factory setting for Nsx_welcome_period_step_CF (10ms) and Nsx_goodbye_period_step_CF (10ms) is 7. For which specific reason did you set it to 6?

The factory setting for Nsx_Wait_Goodbye_CF (sec) is 4.69. For which specific reason did you set it to 12?

The factory setting for Nbx_LED_Lowbeam_CF is 0. For which specific reason did you set it to 1?

Moreover, your flashers problem sounds to me a little bit like an electrical circuit overload problem. Maybe the flashers control unit gets too hot because it must deliver a lot of electrical current in hazard mode. And after a while it shuts down for temperature reasons. Try to temporarily remove/disconnect the right and left door flasher bulbs.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Plontine () aus folgendem Grund: Twin post removed.

• Hello Pontine,

Thank you for your message and sorry for my late reply.

First you were right about all these unnecessary settings. I put them back to original settings.

Now about my hazard lights issue let me explain the issue again:

When I put hazard light, everything is working as it should.

Then I wait 2-3 minutes.

I put the hazard lights off.

Then my right blinkers (front, side, rear) are not working anymore.

I need to turn off the motor and turn it on back. Then it work again. (sometimes, I need to disconnect the battery to make it work again and I don't know why).

Description of my car:

front: new 2020 full led headlights

side: original

back: original led (factory-equipped LED and Sensor Package P25)

What I did after your last message:

I did as you said. I unplugged the right side indicator (on the door) and did the test again. And no more problem.

So it seems there were an overload issue.

Do you know how can I fix this please?

Thank you,

• It in fact looks like an overload issue. It also might be that your 2015 car light control electronics hardware has different characteristics than newer ones. It also might have a little damage. We don't know and for sure we don't want to upgrade your car with expensive newer control units if we don't understand the exact reason.

I propose you replace the original door side bulb indicators with LED indicators. They consume less power than Halogen bulbs. This should help to cure the overload issue.

LED side indicators come cheap and are easy to install. I use such:

https://www.lzparts.de/licht-s…hrome-smoke-dacia-renault

No problems so far.

The next step to save power would be remove the 2015 LED rear lights because the flasher inside uses Halogen bulb. Replace with 2019 full LED rear lights.

Good luck :thumbsup:

• Hello Plontine,

I hope you are doing well.

So finally, I replaced my side blinkers by LED.

I noticed that the problem is still here but appears after around 20 minutes of hazard lights on.

Before replacement, it was appearing after 2-3 min. So it’s better but still here.

Just to let you know.

I think maybe that I should replace the rear lights to full led. Maybe it will solve completely the issue.

Thank you,

David

• So finally, I replaced my side blinkers by LED.

Tell me what number of the side turn signal or did you replace it with a non-original one?

problems with the right headlamp, this is a factory defect of production. I have already met 4 headlights and all the right ones that had problems with the turn signal and not one left.