Problem new full LED headlights / Hazard lights

Falls Du Interesse am neuen elektrischen smart #1 hast... - Besuche unser neues Forum! smart #1 Forum (Hinweis kann durch Klick auf das x geschlossen werden!)
  • So finally, I replaced my side blinkers by LED.

Tell me what number of the side turn signal or did you replace it with a non-original one?

problems with the right headlamp, this is a factory defect of production. I have already met 4 headlights and all the right ones that had problems with the turn signal and not one left.

hello,

I replaced the side blinkers by non original LEDs.

Really? So what should I do?

• Renault_260556623R_20201009_181930_.jpg

A4539066102_ A4539067702_unten_.jpg

If you believe that the main headlight control unit at the headlight bottom is damaged, this could be easily replaced. Spare parts are available from Renault or Online shops. Smart does not sell them.
    Since left and right are the same, the first step would be to swap left and right control units to see if the malfunction follows.

Also you could swap entire left and right headlight unit just for troubleshooting (not for driving around).

If you have electronic test equipment like a regulated 12 V / 3 A DC power supply with ampere meter, you could check and compare the current consumption of the turn indicators.

• only DRL is not controlled by this unit. There are three blocks on the headlight

• booch,

correct, there are three control unit blocks on the headlight.
    All I wanted to say is that the one at the bottom is known to be available from the marketplace.
    Before buying a new one David should check if it is damaged by exchanging left and right units.

But the first step in troubleshooting now should be to exchange the complete left and right headlight unit to find out if the flasher malfunction goes to the other side.

David,

if you have installed Plontines DRL module, the cabling at the headlight side should be long enough to allow for plugging in the left headlight in the right wiring loom and vice versa. Just for functional test. Of course you will have to disassemble the car front to remove the headlights and place them on the other side.

Moreover, if you have a fast responding DC ampere meter with about 3 A measurement range, you could disconnect the single-wire flasher connection (see picture) and put the meter in between. By this you can measure the current consumption of the flasher. Should be equal on both sides and in a range of approx. 2 A.

Plontine_TurnIndicatorConnector_after_IMG_20210926_184832__.jpg

• Hello guys,

Thank you for your answers and for your help.
    I’m actually abroad for a long period, so I will try doing these recommandations when I will be back.
    I will swap both headlights and check if the problem still comes from the same side.

I will let you know as soon as I’m doing it.

Thank you again.